Salmon is packed full of protein and omegas that provide necessary nutrients for a healthy and vital body and mind. Whilst salmon is delicious simply pan fried it is good to get to know some versatile ways to use this nutrient power-house protein. Here is our recipe for Chilli and Coriander Salmon Cakes that are a regular in our kitchen.
- These easy and flavour-full salmon cakes are a great protein source rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Omegas are essential for optimal health and must be obtained from your diet. The omegas found in salmon possess anti-inflammatory properties and help to prevent cardiovascular disease, reduce cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- Chillies provide a great source of the anti-oxidants beta-carotene and vitamin C which help to promote eye health, immune health and reproductive health.
- Did you know chillies can boost your metabolism? They can increase your metabolic rate and thus increase your energy expenditure promoting healthy weight management.
- Chillies also contain a compound known as capsaicin which has anti-bacterial, anti-carinogenic and anti-diabetic properties. Chillies also contain a vast amount of compounds that are known to have disease preventing and health promoting properties. They are also great for improving circulation.
- Fresh Coriander leaves possess an impressive vitamin, mineral and anti-oxidant content adding extra nutrients to your meal. Coriander leaves also help to promote healthy digestion.
Chilli and Coriander Salmon Cakes
- 300g Skinless Salmon Fillet, chopped
- 1 Free Range Egg White, lightly whisked
- 1 long Red Chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup, Fresh Coriander Leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- Pinch Pink Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Coconut Oil for frying
- Lime Wedges to serve
- In a food processor pulse all ingredients until finely minced and well combined.
- Shape mixture into 4 large or 8 small patties.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Pan-fry patties for 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked to liking.
This recipe was designed by Brisbane nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish. For more healthy, sugar free recipes please visit her website www.livelovenourish.com.au
Follow Live Love Nourish on Instagram @livelovenourishaus